Chalk Hill Vineyards for sale
The Chalk Hill Viticultural Area is an esteemed wine-producing region located in Sonoma County, California. Here is some background that is good to know when looking for Chalk Hill vineyards for sale.Renowned for its unique terroir and exceptional wines, this AVA has gained recognition for its contributions to the world of winemaking. Chalk Hill provides great opportunities for real estate investment and living the wine country lifestyle.
Here is a summary of the Chalk Hill Viticultural Area, including statistics on vineyards and wineries:
Location and Geography:
- The Chalk Hill AVA is situated in the northeastern part of Sonoma County, covering approximately 9,000 acres (3,642 hectares) of land.
- It is nestled in the foothills of the Mayacamas Mountains and benefits from the diverse soils and elevations found in this region.
- The AVA’s name is derived from the distinctive white volcanic ash and chalky soils found in the area.
- Chalk Hill experiences a warm climate during the day, with cooler nights due to its proximity to the Russian River Valley and the Pacific Ocean.
- The diurnal temperature variation helps grapes retain acidity and develop complex flavors, making it conducive to high-quality winemaking.
- The Chalk Hill AVA is known for its production of a variety of grape varietals, including Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Pinot Noir.
- Chardonnay is a particular standout, with the region gaining recognition for its rich and complex expressions of this varietal.
- The AVA is home to numerous vineyards, ranging from smaller, family-owned estates to larger commercial operations.
- Vineyard sites are carefully chosen to take advantage of the unique terroir and microclimates present in the Chalk Hill region.
- Chalk Hill Vineyards for sale can range in price anywhere from $100,000 / acre to $200,000+
- Chalk Hill boasts a number of wineries that produce a wide range of wines, from white and red varietals to blends.
- Many wineries in the region offer tastings and tours, allowing visitors to experience the distinctive flavors of Chalk Hill wines and the scenic beauty of the area.
- The Chalk Hill AVA has received acclaim for its premium wines, particularly its Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
- The region’s wines are celebrated for their balance, elegance, and expression of the unique terroir.
In conclusion, the Chalk Hill Viticultural Area is a celebrated wine region within Sonoma County, known for its unique terroir, diverse grape varietals, and the production of exceptional wines. Chalk Hill properties have the potential for an excellent investment.With a mix of small, artisanal wineries and larger commercial operations, it continues to thrive as a destination for wine enthusiasts and contributes significantly to California’s wine industry.
Take a moment to review estates, vineyards and wineries for sale and learn more about David Ashcraft. If you would like to sell your property David would enjoy the opportunity to discuss this with you. If you are looking for a lifestyle change in California wine country David would like to help you find the real estate to fit your vision. Chalk Hill, a hidden gem for Sonoma County wine lovers.
Be sure to check out these areas for more details and much more information about Napa and Sonoma Counties, and videos, educational articles (vineyards, wineries and real estate market), current wine country news and wine industry news, and wine country inventory.